Friday, September 4, 2009

Meeting with Jeff

First Individual Meeting

I seems that i already have some ideas that i'm working with and plenty of research to go with them. What i need to do a lot more of i s finding specifically photographers who have worked with the ideas i have in mind. I feel like I really do have an understanding about how to use one visual language, say that of pop culture, to go about making another point entirely. I do not believe that making political statements needs to be limited to the classical language of propaganda. In my work i prefer to create open ended situations and questions as an end point on my work. hopefully the experience of my work goes on to live in the mind of my viewer in whatever form or reaction they have as it relates to their specific experience. The classical function of propaganda does not allow for an open end, only for the statement being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment